Winter vegetables that are easy to find from local farmers, are the best to add to our daily meals.
– Load up on carrots and turnips great source of vitamin C, and A. You can reap the benefits by roasting the carrots for a boost of beta-carotene, or boil turnips for vitamins C and A.
– Broccoli and cauliflower fresh or frozen, again are great for our immune system. Add it to lunch bags, and leave it out on the kitchen counter for a quick snaking.
– Oatmeal is high in zinc great to boast our immune system, and great for the heart. Cook up the instant oatmeal or go with the old-fashioned oats.
– Soup with chicken broth, vegetable broth, or water is winter’s perfect food. Include a lot of vegetables and a side of 100 percent whole grain crackers.
– Sushi, great source of vitamin D. Choose rolls lined with tuna or salmon. During the winter months, when we tend to stay indoors we have less sun exposure.
We hope you stay healthy and safe during these unusualy cold days.